Monday, March 25, 2013

Last Leg of the Tour and an Unforgettable Finale!!


   I am sitting on a train feeling completely fulfilled and exhausted from my touring experience. The people in Italy have been so very kind and appreciative of me and my music. I can barely begin to tell you how touched and grateful I am. I feel renewed and inspired within. I hope these experiences stay with me always, and I can draw upon them when I need it the most. I proved to myself that I am a lot stronger then I think I am, and that I have a lot more room to grow as a person and an artist.

My second gig on the Italian leg of the tour was in Milano, at Nidaba Theater. The place was in an area that made me say “We are not in Switzerland anymore Toto.”

 The atmosphere inside of the club pleasantly surprised me. Very well known for acoustic, blues and country music; there were previous concert posters of John Popper, one of my favorites among many other well-knowns. The lovely Raffaella Migliaccio sat in on drums with me which was a real treat :)


Max Nidaba, club owner and Raffaella Migliaccio



The Duomo in Milano
Paul and I drove to Verona the next day, and enjoyed a little sight seeing with Paul's mom Eda, who is very acquainted with this beautiful city!



The Adige river in the old city of Verona

Then it was time to get ready for the show at Il Giardino (The Garden), a wonderful club in Lugagnano; a neighborhood near Verona. We enjoyed a family style home made meal with Jiamprimo, the owner and his family and friends! Yummy putanesca :0)


We stayed around for some time after the show for an informal sing along led by the talented opening act "Abike Project", who surprised us with their cool renditions of Nirvana songs.
Paul treated me to a stay at Gabbia d'Oro Hotel, a beautiful and famous place. The first thing I did was take a nice long, hot bath :0)

We drove onto Bassano di Grappa the next day (home of the infamous digestivo Grappa) and a beautiful town. The location of the venue "Auditorium Vivaldi" was in Cassola, right outside of Bassano. We pulled in and were greeted by "the band" and crew with open arms. Drummer Andrea Ruta and bassist Lorenzo (Lolo) Burghignoli set right to work with me rehearsing our set. Boy was I glad it clicked with these guys! They drove all the way from Rome to do this show with me!





Here we are in the dressing room right before the show!

Nothing could have prepared me for the evening that was in store. The Rainbow Trinity Choir started the night with their beautiful voices and then we came out and the curtain opened again for a set of my songs with my new band. The theater was quiet and intent as I sang song after song until the dancers came out for my song "Cobblestones". Two beautiful young dancers had choreographed a dance to my song, and it was such a wonder to sing as they flew and leaped across the stage! 







 At the finale, the choir joined me for "Imagine" by John Lennon. I felt so emotional being a part of this amazing presentation. I felt honored and humbled by the outpouring of love and support I felt from everyone! All of the separate parts came together for the first time to create something beautiful! Music truly is a universal language. 








What a wonderful way to end this tour! I can't wait to get the video and audio up so I can share it with everyone!

Below are more pics of an assembly at an English school the next morning in Bassano di Grappa





2 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful, Kat! Love the photos!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome HOME Kat!! What a great Blog and loving the pics!!
    Enjoyed every entry and will read some during a live show on Empower Radio ;-) You Rok Stah!!

    ReplyDelete