Tuesday, March 19, 2013

The final two Swiss dates and onward to Italy!


My gig in Blonay, CH was followed by a quick trip to Montreaux, home of the world famous Montreau Jazz Festival, and the last show that Freddie Mercury ever played. Viviane, my lovely host took a shot with me and his statue overlooking the lake. The gardens are beautiful here year-round. It is a micro climate with palms and early spring blooms. It was cold on this day but still lovely indeed!



My next stop was the lovely town of Gersau, I performed in the Old Town Hall. The building is currently being used as a historic museum, and performance space. The setting was cozy and intimate, and my host Roger Burgler was super nice and great at getting good sound. He has a wonderful space and the place was packed with a very enthusiastic crowd!  



Roger at his super little club " Kulterwerk"





Sunset in Gersau



My hotel "Tubli" a very old and traditional place. I ate some great food there before the show. Crispy chicken with some decadent butter-cream sauce and Apfel Kuchen in home made vanilla sauce. yum!

The next morning I was excited to drive back to Zurich and pick up Paul at the airport. We drove straight to Fribourg, took a brief nap and made our way to "Cafe Cintra". This place was in French speaking Switzerland again.   My guitar's pick up system stopped working mysteriously at soundcheck, but I was fortunate to have roger Salem's freind Hakim lend me his for the show.Thank Goodness! We had to get up at 4am the next morning to catch a flight to Bologna, Italy. We were both exhausted and just made the flight in time!




The next show was that very same day. An Irish festival in honor of St. Patty's Day. I had no idea that Italians were so fond of Ireland!. The venue was enormous with 1000+ people there. A boxing match at the opposite end of the huge space! As soon as it was over, I started my set. It was a great response to the music, and I did an Italian TV interview at the end of the show.



That's the stage, way down at the other end of the event center! Very rowdy and a real contrast to Switzerland gigs!

The day after, we took a train to Verona, and I luckily found a repair shop for a little surgery on the guitar. The Musical Box in Verona. Roberto Fontanot, and Pietro worked on it for almost two hours and did not even charge me! I could not believe it! My heart was warmed by their kindness and hospitality!



Today we are in Milan. Last night I actually had a night off! I slept in today, and am getting ready to rehearse with a drummer by the name of Raffaella, before the gig at "Nidaba Theater" tonight.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to sharing with you the final days of my tour here in Italy!


xoxox Katrin

4 comments:

  1. Happy to see Paul there with you! Sounds like it has been a continuing whirlwind of wonderful things (minus the guitar hiccup, thank goodness for those italians, eh?!?).
    Good luck in Italy!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. All photographs are superb especially you took amazing photo of sunset in Gersau. Indeed, You had a great time in Swiss. Italy is also lovely place for traveling. I went there couple of times and equally enjoyed every time. Have a safe journey!
    italy trip planner

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was a special tour and a special time. Really hope to make it back again soon

    ReplyDelete